Get Fit, Get Active!
As a student or member of staff, if you want to get fit and get active, then the Arbitrium CrossFit gym is for you! This newly opened gym is part of our Fit Rooms facilities and is the first UK affiliated CrossFit box at an educational facility!
- Wall mounted rig fit for the very best pull up artists
- Free weights
- Rowing machines
- Lifting bars for those with a deadlift inclination
- Kettle and barbells
- Assault airbikes
- Skiing floor stands to practice Nordic skiing - great for training the legs, arms and core all at once!
CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program for fitness which involves a mix of aerobic exercise, bodyweight exercises and Olympic weightlifting techniques. The aim is for gym users to enjoy varied, high intensity activities suitable for their personal level of fitness using the provided equipment including barbells, gymnastic rings, kettlebells, rowing machines and medicine balls. There are estimated to be around 500 CrossFit gyms in the UK and more than 12,000 worldwide.
Based in the Sport and Uniformed Public Service department, students study a range of courses including:
- Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity
- Levels 3 School Sport Assistant Apprenticeship
- BTEC Levels 1 and 2 Diploma in Public Services
- Level 2 Independent Weight Training Instructor
- Level 2 Instructing Circuit Sessions
- Level 2 Kettlebells
- Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Level 2 Studio Cycling
- Level 2 Instructing Suspended Movement Training
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 3 Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Weight Training Instructor
- Level 4 Strength and Conditioning
Keep up to date by visiting our dedicated course page here
Visit the Fit Rooms to find out about membership and keep up-to-date with our CrossFit Gym by visiting arbitriumcrossfit.com