Celebrating our differences
At Bournemouth and Poole College we champion equality and diversity, and for us it’s all about being pro-active, practical and positive.
We promote equality because we believe it’s the right thing to do.
Equality is about being valued for who and what we are.
This helps us to achieve our best without unfair obstacles, stigma or stereotyping, or being restricted by anyone’s expectations of our ability.
In practice, equality means three things for all of us:
- Being able get to, into and around the College, and complete the learning journey, with equal ease and dignity
- Having a sense of belonging and being well looked after
- Feeling the place, the programmes and the policies have been designed with us in mind
We value diversity
It makes the College a more creative place to learn and work.
We celebrate the fact that our students and staff, our partners and friends, are from different social and ethnic backgrounds; women, men and transgender; black and white; of all ages, cultures and faiths; lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and straight; disabled and non-disabled; from nearby and further afield.
In practice, this means:
- Seeing and hearing people like ourselves around – as students and staff – so that the College mirrors the diversity of society
- Listening to different points-of-view to improve how we run the place
- Valuing our differences as well as the things we have in common
On this page you will find information and data on our workforce and student profile, along with our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy which sets out how we plan to meet our statutory duties.