What courses can I do after this?
Progression to the BEng/MEng (Hons) Engineering is an option for appropriate students.
To do this course you should have...
- Four GCSEs at at least grade 4/C, to include English and mathematics or an equivalent qualification, plus
- One A Level at grade C in a relevant subject or equivalent AVCE or National Diploma / Certificate (or equivalent UK or overseas qualifications), or
- A BTEC National Certificate or National Diploma in Manufacturing or Engineering (Mechanical Design). Students should normally have a Merit in Mathematics and/or Mechanical Principles,
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Applicants should have good literacy and numerical skills appropriate to the programme, a good understanding of computing and an aptitude for technical work
UCAS tariff points 32 from one full A Level or equivalent Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject
Relevant subjects: Physics, Maths, CDT, Engineering
120 Level C credits from an HNC in an appropriate discipline
Normally at least 40 credits should be at Merit level or above and 20 of these credits should be from a mathematical analytical unit
International entry requirements
If you are not from an English Language speaking country, you will need to have a minimum of UKVI IELTS 6.0. We accept a wide range of academic qualifications awarded overseas and use the UK NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centre) guidelines for international comparisons. For tuition and accommodation fees please visit www.thecollege.co.uk/international/courses/tuition-fees and our International Operations team can offer you advice and guidance before and during your studies.
|Course Code||UCAS Code||Start Date||Costs|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
HNC - £3,250 per academic year
FdEng - £4,000
Students who are eligible, can apply for a student loan with Student Finance.
For tuition and accommodation fees please visit www.thecollege.co.uk/international/courses/tuition-fees and our International Operations team can offer you advice and guidance before and during your studies.
HNC Years 1 & 2 – Level 4 (Part time over 2 academic years or full time over 1 academic year)
- Analytical Methods for Design
- Business & Project Management
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Design Principles
- Mechanical Design Principles
FdEng Year 3 - Level 5 (1 calendar year)
- Design Applications
- Major Project
- Mechanical Design Applications
- The Engineering Professional
- Work Based Unit
HNC - course starts in September
FdEng - course starts in July
More about the course
Please see Coronavirus information | Bournemouth University for the latest Covid-19 information from BU.
Attendance: Part time over 3 years (2 academic years for the HNC plus 1 calendar year for the FdEng) or full time over 2 years (1 academic year for the HNC plus 1 calendar year for the FdEng)
Applications: Please note that students taking the part-time HNC/FdEng should apply directly to The Bournemouth & Poole College and not via the UCAS process.
If you meet the entry requirements and would like to apply, please do so here .
If you have any questions regarding the course, please use the ‘Enquire Now’ button, contact the Course Administrator on +44 (0) 1202 205648 or:
The Higher Education Unit +44 (0)1202 205180
Venue: The course is delivered at The College's North Road campus, Poole
The college reserves the right to make changes to the information given, including the addition, withdrawal, re-location or restructuring of courses.