T Levels

What are T Levels?

T Levels are technical-based qualifications in England developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work, further training or study. T Levels are two-year courses that can be studied by 16-18 year olds after finishing their GCSEs. T Levels are the equivalent of three A Levels and are accepted for admission to many leading universities.

Why T Levels?

T Levels are different to the traditional route of A Levels as they focus on the skill acquisition required to move directly into industry. Courses consist of around 80% of time spent in the classroom with the remaining 20% spent being on a valuable work placement in a relevant workplace. This differs from an Apprenticeship where around 80% of time is spent with an employer and 20% in the classroom and is more suited to those who feel ready to enter the workforce at age 16 while learning at the same time.

What T Levels are available?

We’re planning to offer T Levels in a wide range of areas, giving our students unparalleled choice and opportunities to engage with key employers:

• Business and administration
• Design, surveying and planning for construction
• Craft and design
• Media, broadcast and production
• Digital support services
• Engineering and manufacturing
• Health
• Science
• Legal services

Use the course search for the latest information and to see what's available.

T Level Transition Level 2 courses

The T Level Transition is a new type of 16 – 19 study programme, specifically designed to develop skills, experience, knowledge and behaviours to support progression on to a T Level. This course offers a high quality vocational and applied curriculum that is broad and engaging for all learners. Opportunities to link education and the world of work in engaging, relevant and practical ways. Furthermore, will provide students with a route through education that has a clear progression pathway to further study such as T Levels or an Apprenticeship.