Your wellbeing is important to us
Discover how we support you
Being comfortable, happy, healthy and safe are all important for a positive college experience. However, if something does go wrong, we are here to support you.
Our comprehensive support team provide a range of services to encourage and develop personal wellbeing, enabling you to fulfil your potential. This includes:
- Support for Looked After Children and Care leavers
- Workshops related to wellbeing issues
- Promotion of Equality and Diversity values
- Support with outside agencies such as the Police or Social Services
The Student Welfare Coaches are a team who specialise in safeguarding and can support students directly with some of the more complex issues that can arise. They are specialists in providing support for:
- Domestic abuse and violence
- Physical or emotional abuse, or neglect
- Sexual abuse
- Concerns around radicalisation
- Substance misuse
- Discrimination and hate crime
- When other external agencies are also involved in a student’s support plan
- Visit our drop-in service. This operates at all three college sites (Lansdowne, North Road and Fulcrum)
- You will recognise the Student Support team by their rainbow coloured lanyards
Through a referral:
- Ask a member of staff to make a referral for support
- Call 01202 205242 and ask for to speak to a member of the Student Support team.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your concern.
- We are currently developing exciting new ways to stay in contact with our students. Ask your Personal Tutor for more information.