What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this course you will be able to progress on to the Level 1 Diploma in Plastering, employment or apprenticeship training. It is not possible to become fully qualified unless you gain employment in the industry and are assessed on site.
What jobs can I get?
Here at The College we have a reputation for offering excellent skills training. Our lecturers are professionals in their chosen fields, with sound experience, knowledge and expertise.
To do this course you should have...
You will need to achieve GCSEs grades D-G including English and maths grades 3-1 (formerly D-G). Alternatively successful completion of a Foundation Entry Level 3 qualification and have achieved an Entry Level 3 Functional Skill in English and maths.
What about work experience?
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
Sturdy footwear, coveralls, tools and basic stationery
The Level 1 Certificate is made up of a number of different types of units both knowledge and practical. A full qualification requires you to successfully complete and pass all the units.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices
- Knowledge of information and communication with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Know how to prepare background surfaces and plaster materials
- Know how to apply plastering materials to internal backgrounds
- Know how to produce components from moulds
Practical units are:
- Carry out safe working practices
- Information and communication with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Prepare background surfaces and plaster materials
- Apply plastering materials to internal backgrounds
- Produce components from moulds
Depending on GCSE grades on entry - the study programme will include GCSE or Functional Skills in Maths and English.
Hours of attendance and start date will be confirmed at interview or enrolment. Start Date: September 36 weeks 3 days a week
More about the course
The course will be assessed through practical assignments, projects and written tasks.