What courses can I do after this?
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to seek further recognition in the electrical industry and go on to do another specialist course.
To do this course you should have...
To join this course you must have attained a recognised electrical qualification and not be colour blind i.e.:
- C&G 2360 Part 2 or C&G 2330 Level 3
- G&G NVQ Level 3 in Electrical installations
- Graded as an electrician through the JIB, or has gained recognition as such through time served in industry, or recognised equivalent from EU or other country.
You will also need to have completed the 18th Edition.
Photocopies of certificates will be required prior to the start of the course.
A minimum level 1 Functional skills in English, grade D or above in GCSE English or an IELTS level of 5 or above. If you don't have any of these qualifications, you will need to take a short English test to ensure you are working at the right level in order to be successful when you take your exam for the course.
The course consists of theory and practice of the inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations.
The course syllabus will cover the following subjects:
- Safe systems of work
- Isolation procedure
- Testing-CPC continuity
- Continuity of final ring
- Insulation resistance
- Earth fault loop impedance
- Prospective short circuit current
- Operation of RCD\'s
- Earth electrode resistance
- Inspection and testing certificates
- Assessment of general characteristics
On completion of this course you will be able to;
- Understand their responsibilities under BS7671
- Carry-out Inspection and Testing to the current Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations
- Complete all relevant documentation relating to Inspection and Testing.