What courses can I do after this?
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to seek further recognition in the electrical industry and go on to do another specialist course.
To do this course you should have...
To join this course you must have attained a recognised electrical NVQ and/or have a industry gold card and not be colour blind i.e.:
- C&G 2360 Part 2 or C&G 2330 Level 3
- G&G NVQ Level 3 in Electrical installations
- Graded as an electrician through the JIB, or has gained recognition as such through time served in industry, or recognised equivalent from EU or other country.
You will also need to have completed the 18th Edition.
Photocopies of certificates will be required prior to the start of the course.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
£835.00 - This must be paid before the start date.
Alternatively, you can set up a recurring payment plan with the college to pay in instalments. This must be arranged before the start date.
The course consists of theory and practice of the inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations.
The course syllabus will cover the following subjects:
- Safe systems of work
- Isolation procedure
- Testing-CPC continuity
- Continuity of final ring
- Insulation resistance
- Earth fault loop impedance
- Prospective short circuit current
- Operation of RCD\'s
- Earth electrode resistance
- Inspection and testing certificates
- Assessment of general characteristics
On completion of this course you will be able to;
- Understand their responsibilities under BS7671
- Carry-out Inspection and Testing to the current Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations
- Complete all relevant documentation relating to Inspection and Testing.
5.00 - 8.00pm
Session 1 - Thursday 11th January 2024
Session 2 - Thursday 18th January 2024
Session 3 - Thursday 25th January 2024
Session 4 - Thursday 1st February 2024
Session 5 - Thursday 8th February 2024
Session 6 - Thursday 22nd February 2024
Session 7 - Thursday 29th February 2024
Session 8 - Thursday 7th March 2024
Session 9 - Thursday 21st March 2024
Session 10 - Thursday 28th March 2024
(Please note, there is no session for the half term on Thursday 15th February, or for the Staff Development Day on Thursday 14th March)
More about the course
We look to run courses throughout the academic year. For more information, please contact our Electrical Installations Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01202 205754