What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this course you will be able to progress on to the Level 1 Diploma in Plastering, employment or apprenticeship training. It is not possible to become fully qualified unless you gain employment in the industry and are assessed on site.
What jobs can I get?
Here at The College we have a reputation for offering excellent skills training. Our lecturers are professionals in their chosen fields, with sound experience, knowledge and expertise.
To do this course you should have...
You will require a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English and maths grades 9-3 (formerly A*-D) and science for some programmes. Alternatively successful completion of a relevant Level 1 qualification and have achieved a Level 1 Functional Skill in English and maths.
What about work experience?
Sturdy footwear, coveralls, tools and basic stationary
The Level 2 Diploma is made up of a number of different types of units both knowledge and practical. A full qualification requires you to successfully complete and pass all the units.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices
- Knowledge of information and communication with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Know how to prepare background surfaces and plaster materials
- Know how to apply plastering materials to internal backgrounds
- Know how to produce components from moulds
Practical units are:
- Carry out safe working practices
- Information and communication with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Prepare background surfaces and plaster materials
- Apply plastering materials to internal backgrounds
- Produce components from moulds
Depending on GCSE grades on entry - the study programme will include GCSE or Functional Skills in Maths and English.
7th September 2021 36 weeks 3 days a week
More about the course
The course will be assessed through practical assignments, projects and written tasks.