What courses can I do after this?
Students should be able to progress onto a level 3 full time course or an apprenticeship and our experience staff will work closely with you to help you succeed.
What jobs can I get?
On completion you should have the confidence to gain employment as a Site carpentry improver within the industry whilst continuing your studies to become fully qualified
To do this course you should have...
You will need to achieve GCSEs grades 4 - 9 including English and Maths
What about work experience?
You will be required to complete a minimum of 30 hours work experience during this course
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
You will be required to have steel toe capped boots and basic stationery
Lots of practical training:
- Marking and setting out
- First fix (stud walls, door linings and boxing in services)
- Second fix (doors, architrave, skirting, and kitchen fitting)
- Structural carcassing (joisting and truss roofing)
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- A minimum of 30 hours work experience
- Communication skills
September. Start date will be given at enrolment
More about the course
You will be taught using a variety of techniques within the workshop to complete a range of activities. alongside classroom based theory, group activities, self-study, employer visits and directed study. The facilities in construction are purpose built and all practical jobs are designed to make candidate job ready!