What courses can I do after this?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be perfectly positioned to further your learning by moving on to study an HND. We will be offering an HND progression route subject to successful year one completion numbers.
You also have the opportunity to progress straight to year 2 (or year 3 from HND) of a Cyber Security related degree such as BSc Cyber Security. On successful completion of the level 5 HND you may be able to progress on to a level 6 (BSc Top UP), at another institution. Alternatively, you may wish to seek employment opportunities locally, regionally or nationally.
What jobs can I get?
Career opportunities could include becoming a cyber security specialist, security risk analyst, network security engineer or software engineer to name a few.
To do this course you should have...
You will be expected to possess the following:
- a BTEC Level 3 qualification in Computing, Business or Creative Digital Media Production with a minimum of a Merit overall - 48 UCAS Tariff points
- a GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent) and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English.
- other related Level 3 qualifications
- an Access to Higher Education Diploma from an approved further education institution
- relevant work experience
Applications from students returning to education who do not possess the formal entry qualifications, but can demonstrate relevant industry experience, will be considered on merit but would normally be expected to have achieved a Level 2 Maths and English qualification.
Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate that their level of English is acceptable by achieving a score in a recognised test such as:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- PTE Academic 51, or
- IELTS 5.5 (reading and writing must be at 5.5)
What about work experience?
|Course Code||UCAS Code||Start Date||Costs|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
The fee associated with the full time option of 1 year (HNC) delivered over 2 days per week is £6750
Course content and units:
The HNC programme will provide scope for you to work across different digital technologies and disciplines.
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Digital Technologies (Cyber Security and Cloud Networking) will enable you to build skills, knowledge and understanding if you decide to continue your studies to Level 5 Higher National Diploma (Digital Technologies) or onto further higher-level study at university.
The programme is designed to be studied full-time over one academic year of 32 weeks, this is equivalent to two days a week.
? Requires at least 120 credits = eight units, each with a value of 15 credits.
? Two core units and six optional units.
? Total qualification time = 1,200 hours.
? Total guided learning hours = 480 hours.
? All units are at Level 4.
Please note that as programmes are reviewed regularly, the module list may vary:
- Professional Practice in the Digital Economy (15 credits)
- Innovation and Digital Transformation (15 credits)
- Cyber Security (15 credits)
- Programming (15 credits)
- Big Data and Visualisation (15 credits)
- Networking in the Cloud (15 credits)
- Security (15 credits)
- Networking (15 credits)
The exact date and hours of attendance will be confirmed at enrolment or interview. The course will start September 2023.
HNC – 1 Year
HNC – Level 4
More about the course
Applications: For the Full Time option students should apply via UCAS using course code
Alternatively, if you have any concerns regarding your application please contact the Higher Education Unit, details below.
The Higher Education Unit +44 (0)1202 205180
Home/EU* Fee for September 2023 entry: £6,750 per year
*Fee information for European Union (EU) students: If your course starts on or after the 1st August 2021, you will no longer be eligible for financial support from Student Finance England unless you meet one of the following criteria:
you are able to benefit from the citizens’ rights agreements
you are an Irish national living in the UK or Republic of Ireland – benefits of Irish nationals under Common Travel Area guidance arrangement will continue
Venue: The course is delivered at The College's Lansdowne campus, Bournemouth
The college reserves the right to make changes to the information given, including the addition, withdrawal, re-location or restructuring of courses.