What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this course you may wish to consider studying for the Senior Healthcare Support worker following which you could consider studying for the Bridging Skills in HE which will then allow you an interview at Bournemouth University for Nursing Degree. There is the option of studying for Apprenticeships at a higer level such as the Nursing Associate, Assistant Practitioner and the Degree Nurse.
To do this course you should have...
Show enthusiasm for working in the health sector
• Have basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills on which the apprenticeship will build
• Have a suitable level of physical fitness to perform some aspects of the job roles (eg assisting in moving and handling of people)
• Be willing to undergo Disclosure and Barring Service checks (this is needed as apprentices are likely to work with children, young people or vulnerable adults)
• Be flexible as there may be a requirement to work shifts
You are required to be working in the Health Care sector for 30 hrs per week
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
You will study and evidence the knowledge components of the apprenticeship standard as below, together with meeting requirments of the care certifcate and functional skills: Maths & English at Level 1, and attempt Level 2 exam.
2. Health interventions
3. Personal and people development
4. Health, safety and security
5. Equality and diversity
09.00 - 16.30 Attendance fortnightly on Mondays at North Road site
More about the course
Please contact the Apprenticeship team on 01202 205500