What courses can I do after this?
There are a variety of possibilities to progress to on successful completion of this course of study including:
- L2 AAT Certificate in Accountancy - 1 year
- L3 BTEC Business (2 Yr)
- L3 Business Leadership Skills - 1 year course
- L3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
- L3 AAT Accounting Apprenticeship
- University dependent on UCAS points at the time of application
What jobs can I get?
Careers within the business world are varied and include job roles such as:
- Administration assistant
- Customer Service
- Call centre
- Sales and Marketing assistant
- Own start-up
To do this course you should have...
A genuine interest in the world of Business, together with the minimum entry requirement of 5 GCSEs at grades 9 - 4 (formerly A*- D) which need to include English and Maths.
What about work experience?
You will participate in a work experience placement that is relevant to your studies as part of this course, this will also include virtual work experience to compliment your studies. The College will support and help find placement employers but you are encouraged to seek your own placement employer. Your work placement could be anywhere from 10 days to 45.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
|There is an Advanced Learner Loan available for this course.|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
The course consists of 10 units, 6 core and 4 additional units, enabling you to study different types of businesses needed to be successful in the business sector. The units to be studied are as follows:
The Core Units
- Unit 02 Deliver customer service in a business environment
- Unit 03 Produce documents in a business environment
- Unit 06 Communicate in a business environment
- Unit 08 Innovation in a business environment
- Unit 09 Manage and improve own performance in a business environment
- Unit 10 Respond to change in a business environment
- Unit 11 Creative product promotion
- Unit 12 Market research in business
- Unit 13 Internet marketing in business
- Unit 14 Relationship marketing
This course will start 6th September 2021. Days and times will be confirmed at enrolment.
More about the course
You will be offered lots of support and encouragement with your studies, from our dedicated teaching team of industry experts. As a full-time student, you will have the opportunity to attend visiting speaker presentation together with local visits to compliment your classroom studies and on campus projects to demonstrate your skills and knowledge. You will also have the continuous support of a Personal Development Tutor as well as an Academic Tutor. Your Personal Development Tutor will review your progress towards the achievement of your main qualification aim and help you deal with any personal and academic issues that may occur.