These degree level courses aim to train, support and develop forward thinking creative individuals ready to play an active role within arts communities.
These courses believe in the power of creative arts practice in social, emotional and political contexts and the importance of the role it plays in regional, national and international communities. They will challenge you to engage with and interrogate the arts as well as encourage and support you to become an independent, well informed and highly skilled Performing Arts graduate.
We recognise and understand that in order to be competitive and active within the arts you are required to be independent, forward thinking, proactive, flexible and engaged in your practice. You will have the opportunity to engage in skills training and be directed in numerous live, outward facing performances alongside a continual engagement with academic and theoretical perspectives.
We have an emphasis on discipline, focus and ambition, coupled with high expectations while you study. Our tutors and team members comprise working industry professionals and academic specialists across a broad range of disciplines. Our courses are designed to ensure you are fully prepared for your future career.
Courses in this subject area
- FdA Performing Arts – Contemporary Theatre Performance
- FdA Performing Arts – Music Theatre
- BA (Hons) Performing Arts (Top-Up)
Over the years our graduates have pursued various arts related careers finding success in areas such as acting, directing, producing, stage management, music production, teaching and other arts related roles. The degree level courses offered here in Performing Arts also assure transferable skills to provide a significant platform to various non-arts based careers such as PR, Marketing, Recruitment and more.
- Ardent8 - a current project comprising of eight Bournemouth & Poole College Performing Arts graduates. The project sees regional Performing Arts graduates given a platform to perform to a London audience.
- Lighthouse Poole - this project sees second year Degree Level Performing Arts students take an original play written by Resident Playwright ,Andrew Muir with an original score composed by Music Theatre Pathway Leader, Ryan Murphy into a professional theatre.
Performing Arts is based at our North Road site in Poole. The Jellicoe Theatre is a professional, fully equipped 136 seat venue with an industry standard lighting rig with automated lighting, excellent sound facility including our brand new DigiCo SD9 digital sound desk and digital High Definition AV mixing and broadcast equipment.
Facilities onsite include 2 dressing rooms, four large mirrored rehearsal studios, a fully equipped dance studio and a green room backstage with live relay via a movable wireless camera.