What courses can I do after this?
To do this course you should have...
A complete NVQ Level 2 in hairdressing as well as recent experience in a hair salon. GCSE in English and Maths at grade 9-4 (formerly A-C) or Functional skills at a Level 2. All applicants for Advanced Apprenticeship training will be required to attend an interview. You should be medically able to take up employment in this vocational area.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
practice blocks, 2 at £40 each approx
Employer contributions for 19+ approx £26.00 pw (prices are subject to change)
A tool roll is recommended for your practical work.
There will be a charge towards essential equipment.
Uniform is not provided. Students must wear all black and closed in shoes.
To gain the full Advanced Apprenticeship you will work towards the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 in Hairdressing
The NVQ qualification is work-related and will relate specifically to your job role.
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Creativley style and dress hair
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively Colour and lighten hair
- Provide colour conversion services
- Develop, enhance and evaluate your creative hairdressing skills
Click here for more information.
Hours of attendance and start date will be confirmed at interview or enrolment.
More about the course
While your technical skills and knowledge will develop over the course of your Apprenticeship you will also need to demonstrate to potential employers that you possess relevant skills and personal qualities and are willing to work and to learn. Employers will look for:
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to carry out routine tasks unsupervised.
- Reliability and flexibility
- Ability to work in a team as well as on your own initiative