What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this Apprenticeship you could further your training with us on a more full time basis or progress to Higher Education, depending on your GCSE qualifications.
To do this course you should have...
You must be employed to undertake an Apprenticeship (we could help you with this if you don't currently have one). You will need to show a strong commitment to pursuing a career in food preparation cookery and ideally have literacy and numeracy skills to Level 2 or above. All applicants for Apprenticeship training will be required to attend an interview and assessment.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
NB - If you leave after the first four weeks, you/your employer will be liable to pay the full fees for the remainder of the academic year. You are also liable to repay any assisted funding you have recieved (This includes any uniform/travel assistance)
Click here for a uniform list required for this course. If you already have a kit, the minimum requirement is a College logo jacket, and the small blue-checked trousers. A Top Up list is also available for progressing students
To gain the full Apprenticeship the content will include:
- Functional Skills Maths L2
- Functional Skills English Level 2
Knowledge & Behaviours include:
- Food safety, Hygiene & Legislation
- Due diligence processes
- Allergen Awareness
- Gastronomic Influences & Trends
- Kitchen Organisation & delegation of duties
- Costings of commodities & Dishes collectively
- Portion, Yield & Waste Control
Advanced Preparation & Cookery Content:
- Quality points & commodity groupings:
- Fish & Shellfish Dishes
- Meat, Poultry, Offal & Game
- Vegetables & Vegetarian Dishes
- Sauces, Soups & Consommes
- Dough & Batter Products
- Pastry & Confectionery products
- Cakes, Sponges & Biscuits
- Hot, Cold & Frozen Desserts
Hours of attendance and start date will be confirmed at interview or enrolment.
More about the course