What is the Level 3 Entitlement?
The Level 3 Entitlement is aimed at adults who have already studied to Level 2 – but have never progressed to Level 3. If you are not qualified to Level 3 you may be eligible for FREE* training under this scheme.
The Level 3 Entitlement offers FREE* learning for adults aged between 19 - 24 years studying for their first full level 3 qualification (such as NVQ 3, BTEC National Certificates/Diplomas).
* If you are eligible for this scheme your course tuition will be FREE. However, you will be required to pay a college registration fee (£50), plus any other associated costs for your course (such as materials, specialist kit, trips and visits etc.).
Who can Qualify for FREE Level 3 Courses?
You may be eligible for FREE training under the Level 3 Entitlement if you match all the following criteria:
- You are an adult aged between 19 and 24 (and must be under 24 years of age at the start of your course)
- You commit to a full level 3 qualification (marked with L3 in this course guide)
- This is your first full level 3 qualification (or equivalent)††
††This means if you don’t already have any of the following qualifications (to the level indicated) you can apply for a free level 3 course:
- NVQs at Level 3
- 2 or more A-levels, including professional and technical A-levels
- one or more A-level double awards
- Access to HE certificate (regulated by QAA)
- OCR National Diplomas and Extended National Diplomas
- Edexcel National Certificates and National Diplomas
- BTEC National Certificates and National Diplomas
- Ordinary National Certificates or Diplomas (ONC/OND)
- International Baccalaureate.
- or higher level qualifications such as HNC/HND or degrees
- You are a UK national - that is, if you were born here, have UK citizenship or a UK passport.
Or if you've been granted indefinite leave to remain or refugee status.
Or if you’re from a European Union or European Economic Area country.
NB: Grants and subsidies may be subject to change at any time as directed by the government or funding bodies. It should not be assumed that grants or subsidies will be available. To check current status or eligibility please contact The College helpline on 01202 205205.