Want to start a business and be your own boss? Then you've come to the right place!
It’s not about where you are, it’s about where you want to be…
If you already have a fire in your belly, the Enterprise Academy simply adds fuel.
This specialist course is for people with lots of business ideas, determination and ambition. It can turn your ideas into reality and help you to develop the skills you need to successfully launch and run your own business. With a practical focus; we get you out and about and meeting local business people from week one.
You'll be working with business leaders from the Bournemouth Chamber of Commerce and attending a wide variety of business events and visits throughout the UK. This will open many doors for the right candidates. We give you a leg-up, a head-start and set you on the fast track to success.
And as Poole is leading the way in the start-up boom being seen across Dorset, there's never been a better time to start your own business.
How do we help?
You will study the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Enterprise.
- We look at your existing skills and devise a personalised plan to help you get the skills you need to run your own business.
- You will be part of the new Bournemouth Young Chamber of Commerce, managing meetings and events and gaining first-hand experience of working within the professional business community.
- We teach you how to network and build a list of contacts that can help and support you on your journey as an entrepreneur. You will learn about the local economy so that you can identify new business opportunities.
- Local entrepreneurs give masterclasses so you learn from the experts who are out there making their dreams a reality. We also bring the boardroom into the classroom.
- We set practical, apprentice style challenges so that you will learn from your own experiences – and your mistakes!
- We teach you the basic financial, sales and negotiation, and marketing skills you will need to run a business. You’ll learn the theory and then work on practical apprentice-style challenges to apply your knowledge.
- Whether you want to set up your own business or succeed in an existing organisation, the skills and experience you gain at the Enterprise Academy will kick start your dream career.
- You'll do a four week work placement, relevant to your interests, with a local business and have the opportunity to prove yourself as a valuable member of the boardroom.
- In the third term you will set up and run a business with the other members of the course. And no-one gets fired!
Are you right for us – and are we right for you?
There is no such thing as a typical student at the Enterprise Academy.
- You may have completed professional or professional and technical qualifications and want to learn the skills to run your own business.
- You may have tried other courses but decided that you prefer a more practical approach
- You may already have some experience of running your own business and want to take it further
- You may have a burning desire and a brilliant idea just waiting to be unleashed!