Become a host family to Bournemouth & Poole College students
The College offers students homestay accommodation with host families across Bournemouth and Poole.
We welcome many students each year. Some of these students are from overseas and have travelled long distances to study in the UK. Our host families are required to offer students bed, breakfast and an evening meal Monday to Friday, and three meals per day at the weekend.
The length of time a student chooses to stay with a host family varies immensely. The minimum stay set by The College is four weeks. Some short stay groups are facilitated from time to time by The College
Payment is generally made direct from the student to the host family, except where students come as part of a group, where payment is made to the host family by The College.
Current rates are £119 a week per person for a single room and £105 a week per person for a twin room.
Homestay families registered with The Bournemouth & Poole College will need to meet certain requirements. Please see below for more detail:
- Each permanent resident at a homestay family address over the age of 18 years is required to hold a DBS disclosure requested by The College. The current cost of a DBS check is £44 per person. The College recognises each disclosure for five years, after which time a new one will need to be requested
- If the property has Gas, hold a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate, renewable each year for the property where the students are hosted
- Homestay providers are to understand and comply with safeguarding regulations annually.
- The homestay provider must undertake an annual monitoring visit at the homestay address where a yearly check and update meeting will be carried out
- Keep in close contact the College Accommodation Officer when a student is placed with them i.e report unusual behaviour or long term holiday.
Application forms and agreements
Please contact the Accommodation Officer if you wish to request more information and an application form.
Telephone: 01202 205317