Bournemouth & Poole College is tackling the issue of students feeling nervous about their exam results by running Come to College Day on the 24th August (1-4pm) and 25th August (10-1pm). This event is designed to offer support and advice to any of those who need guidance about their next steps.
As well as careers advisers and the student support team, there will be staff on hand from every subject area, meaning that a variety of advice will be on offer. There are also many opportunities for late applications for September 2017. So if their exam results mean a change in direction for a student then there will be a course or Apprenticeship route suited to them.
Visitors simply need to pop into the college's Bournemouth or Poole site on the day, different subjects are at each site so check the list below:
- Applied Sciences – including Medical and Forensic Sciences (For A Levels please visit Lansdowne)
- Childcare, Education, Health and Social Care (including Teacher Training)
- Construction - Brickwork, Plastering, Painting, Decorating, Plumbing, Electrical and Wood Trades (inc. Boat Building).
- Design and Creative Arts
- Digital and Computing - ICT, Computing and Coding, CGI and Foundation Degree/ Access Computing
- Digital Media (for A Levels please visit Lansdowne)
- Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing (inc. Electronics)
- Foundation Learning - Step Up to College, Skills Track and Route to Business, Leisure or Creative Studies.
- Marine Technology
- Motor Vehicle
- Performing Arts
- Business and Accounting (AAT)
- Digital - Everything IT (IT Technicaian), Cyber Security, Social Media and Web Design
- Hospitality & Catering
- Sixth Form College - A Levels
- Travel & Tourism
- Uniformed Services
More information on the events can be found here