General and Intensive EnglishImprove your English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
The International Course Guide 2020-21
Download the brochure
Venue: Lansdowne campus, Bournemouth
Duration: Flexible, full-time, 15 or 21 hour per week
Start dates: Any Monday during term time except for UK Bank Holidays or directly before a college holiday
For these courses you must be 16 years plus and if a non EU/EEA student you will need a Short-term Study Visa 6 months or up to 11 months. You will need to provide proof of your English Language level e.g. Academic IELTS or equivalent.
Both our General English (15 hours per week) and Intensive English (21 hours per week) courses are designed to improve your English ability in speaking, listening, reading and writing. You will improve your knowledge and understanding of English grammar, learn new vocabulary and get help with your pronunciation.
Students taking our Intensive English programme will be offered help and practice in how to study for all parts of the IELTS examination, including timed exam practice.
Our Intensive English Language programme is aimed at:
- preparation for taking English Language qualifications, e.g. IELTS;
- preparation for reaching the required level of English to continue with further programmes at The College, or at a UK university
Our courses include:
- elementary through to advanced levels (subject to numbers)
- an average of 16 students per class
- highly qualified experienced teachers
- membership of the Student Union
- access for disabled students
- student excursions (there will be a charge for these)
- free unlimited use of the internet and email during College opening hours
Upon reaching the required level of English Language you can apply for a further course at The College, or go on to University, or return to your home country.
Please refer to our International Course Guide for details.