EFL General & Intensive English
For personal, professional or academic improvement
Improve your English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
English as a Foreign Language (EFL) is designed to help you improve your overall English language level. The course will help you develop your knowledge and understanding of English grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, for personal, professional or academic use.
Start: Any Monday during term time, except for UK Bank Holidays
Venue: On campus or online
Level: Elementary to Advanced
Duration: Flexible, from 2 weeks to 40 weeks
Study hours, General English: 15 hours per week
Study hours, Intensive English: 21 hours per week
Qualification: College Certificate of completion
Awarding Body: Bournemouth and Poole College
These programmes are aimed at:
- Those looking to improve their ability to communicate in English
- Those preparing to take English Language qualifications, e.g. IELTS
- Those aiming to reach the required level of English to continue studying at The College, or at a UK university
- Those needing to improve their English for study or work when they return home
Join General English Online or On campus
Get your first week free for a booking of 5 weeks study
Get your first 2 weeks free for a booking of 10 weeks study
Get your first 4 weeks free for a booking of 20 weeks study
For any starting date before May 28th 2021. Places are limited.
Download the programme leaflet (PDF)
- Minimum age 16 years
- In order to determine the level of class you will start your studies at, we need you to provide proof of English, pass our online English test or complete a short English language placement test when you arrive.
Regular unit and progression tests. Regular homework tasks. The level of English you finish your course at will depend on how long you are studying for, how hard you study and your own personal progression.
- Visitor visa up to 6 months
- Short Study Visa up to 11 months
- Student Route visa
- or any other immigration permission to study in the UK.
International students have a choice of internationally recognised General and Academic English examinations. The most popular with our students is IELTS.
On completion of this course you could progress to Intensive English, Level 3 programmes or Higher Education
Benefits of the course
Highly qualified teachers
Access to study skills that will help you continue to learn outside the classroom
Includes formal language, presentation skills, interpersonal skills and work-related topics
Integrates oral presentation skills which will help in future jobs and if you go on to study at university
Access to high quality learner facilities including study support, a library and sport centre