Become a Host FamilyCan you offer Homestay accommodation to International students?
We welcome many students each year. Some of these students are from overseas and have travelled long distances to study in the UK. Our host families are required to offer students bed, breakfast and a hot evening meal Monday to Friday, and three meals a day at the weekend.
The length of time a student chooses to stay with a host family varies greatly – students may stay anywhere between two weeks and two years.
Students can stay in a single room or a twin room shared with one other student (twin rooms are available for group bookings only).
|Prices per person||from 1st September 2017|
|Single Room||£133 per week|
|Twin Room||£119 per week|
|Additional fee during College holidays*||£25 per week|
|Retainer fee during College holidays*||£49 per week|
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I live close enough to the college to become a Homestay host?
What needs to be in the student’s bedroom?
- Standard, good condition bed and mattress (futons, pull out couches or bunk beds are not permitted)
- Adequate space around the bed for students to change comfortably and sufficient head room above
- Desk or suitable surface for study with a satisfactory level of lighting
- At least one chair
- Bedside cabinet or table
- Chest of drawers
- A window which can be opened for ventilation, which provides a good level of natural light by day and with curtains or blinds which can be drawn at night
- Electrical sockets sufficient in number and appropriately located for electrical equipment to be used without excessive or dangerous use of trailing extension cables
- A safe and adjustable source of heating
- Provision to keep personal items in a lockable cupboard, drawer or box
- Suitable flooring which does not risk splinters or cuts or present a risk of tripping, and is of acceptable cleanliness and condition.
Please note that for twin rooms there must be two of each piece of furniture listed.
What age will the students be?
When do the students arrive?
How long does it take to become set up as a host?
|Address:||The Bournemouth and Poole College