Clearing Is Now Open!
What to do on results day ...
Are you prepared just in case you don't get the results you were expecting? You may have missed out on what you thought was your first (firm) and second (insurance) choice. Don't panic and here's what you need to do next. Take a deep breath it's easy to feel pressured into making a hasty decision, but remember that every year thousands of students find themselves in the same situation .
While Clearing actually opens before A-level results day, most course vacancies are only added after this. You can still research and shortlist possible courses beforehand to look out for nearer the time. Remember you will be spending the next three years studying for your degree, so make sure that the university or college, and the course you have chosen, are right for you.
You are eligible if:
- You haven’t done as well as expected, missed your grades and are unable to secure your first or second place
- Sent your application to UCAS after 30th June
- Haven’t already applied through UCAS and would like to apply to study in September
- Have declined an offer that’s been made from another university
If this is you, don’t worry! We’ve produced a downloadable Clearing Toolkit to help you.
- Visit the Bournemouth & Poole College Clearing Vacancies listed on UCAS.
- Once you have applied for a course, you will receive a verbal clearing offer from Bournemouth & Poole College.
- We will send an email confirming the offer. This email will contain all information for the next steps.
- Add us as your clearing choice on the UCAS Track website (institution code B49) and complete the course details- there will be a deadline to do this.
- Once you’ve made your choice, your offer will show as ‘accepted’ on the choices page of Track. UCAS will send you a confirmation letter and we will send you a Welcome Pack containing details of your Enrolment and Induction dates and times.
That’s all, you’ve survived clearing!
We are here to support you through every step of the clearing process, helping to make it as straightforward as possible.
Be the first to speak to our clearing team and contact us today!