Applying for a Degree Level course
It's not as complicated as you think
Interested in applying for one of our Full-Time Foundation Degrees, HNDs, BA or BSc courses? You will need to apply online via the UCAS website.
Follow the instructions carefully; it is particularly important to enter the code names and numbers correctly:
Institution code: BPCOL B49
Campus code: N/A
Visit the UCAS website for top tips on using the system and applying for Higher Education places.
Note: Applications for Part-Time courses should be made directly to The Bournemouth & Poole College.
For Clearing information, contact the Degree admission line: 01202 205339
For general information, contact the Degree team: 01202 205180
When to apply
The first round of the application cycle is early September through to January 29th for 2021. You can submit up to five university course choices during this round. The UCAS website offers help on how to fill in your application.
If The Bournemouth & Poole College was not one of your first round choices or this is your first time applying you can apply during this second ‘Extra’ cycle. Certain rules apply during this stage. Full information can be found through UCAS, but in summary:
If all five choices were used in round one you can use a sixth choice through ‘UCAS Extra’ from the point that this application cycle opens until it closes at the end of June. Note: You must not be holding any offers to qualify for Extra.
If you did not use all of your five choices, you can add more choices to your application through ‘Track’ at any point after the January 15th deadline. After that you can make a sixth choice through ‘UCAS Extra’. Again, the application cycle closes at the end of June.
If you did not apply by January the 15th and this is your first application you can complete an application as normal as if it is your first time.
- Clearing is available from July to September each year.
- If you have your exam results but no offers, you can use Clearing from July.
- If you have no offers and are still waiting for results, or a conditional offer but your exam results didn't go to plan, you can use Clearing from A-Level results day. Vacancies will be listed in the UCAS search tool.
- If you have a current application, you will know you're in Clearing if your Track status says 'You are in Clearing' or 'Clearing has started'.
- In Clearing, if you have not yet made an application you will need to complete one as normal, including your personal statement, but you can't add course choices. When you submit your application, you’ll receive a welcome email to access the Track service where you'll find your Clearing Number. Now you can contact The College to try and secure a place verbally on one of our courses. Once you have a verbal agreement with us you can add the course in Track. Please note: A verbal agreement does not complete an offer. You must complete the process in Track to be officially accepted.
- Please note that decisions during Clearing can take longer than usual. Contact The College if you are concerned about the status of your application.
Got a question?
We are on hand to answer any queries you have, so don’t hesitate to contact us.