What courses can I do after this?
After graduation, you will receive the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts Diploma in Professional Cookery and as a Specialised Chef be able to work in prestigious hotels and restaurants throughout the world.
To do this course you should have...
You must be 19 years of age or under when the course commences in September. You should have, GCSE English and Maths at grade 9-3 (A-D), plus four additional GCSEs at same level.
You must be prepared to train and live in London hotels and work in restaurants or country house hotels. Successful entry will depend upon interview and assessments.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
NB - If you leave after the first four weeks, you will be liable to pay the full fees for the remainder of the academic year. You are also liable to repay any assisted funding you have recieved (This includes any uniform/travel assistance)
The course includes:
- Kitchen and Larder
- Patisserie and confectionery
- Health, Safety and hygiene
- Food service through dealing with customers
- Culinary and conversational French
- Husbandry and food issues
More about the course
To gain the Academy's Diplomas in Professional Cookery you will work towards the following qualifications:
- Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard (Yr2)
- Chef de Partie Apprenticeship Standard (Yr3)
- Functional Skills in Maths and English - Level 2
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Food and Drink service
- Culinary French
At College you will receive a weekly training allowance. Whilst working with your sponsor, your salary will be based on local rates of pay.
Applicants will need to demonstrate at interview that they possess the relevant personal qualities and are willing to work and learn.
The College/Employers will look for:
• A passion for food
• Good communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Able to work under pressure
• Reliability and flexibility
• Ability to work in a team as well as on your own initiative