What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for our Level 4 Build Environment course. Alternatively you will be in a better position to find employment within the industry to develop your knowledge and skills.
To do this course you should have...
In order to apply, you will require successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery. And achieved Grade 4 (C) GCSE in Maths and English.
It’s essential that you have a genuine interest in the construction industry.
Steel toe capprd boots and basic stationery
You will cover a range of units in theory giving you the underpinning knowledge to develop supervisory skills.
Individual units will cover -
- The structure of the construction industry.
- Drawings, schedules of work and costings of work and materials.
- Activities in the construction industry.
- Build and physical environments, waste and sustainability.
- Maintenance of non structural compoments, including environmental factors.
- Complex cut roofs, including truss instalation
This course is a 1 year part time course which you will need to attend 2 evenings a week, Tuesday and Thursday 6pm - 9pm for 35 weeks.
More about the course
You will be taught using a variety of workshop activities, lectures, group activities, self-study, employer visits and directed study. The facilities are purpose built and all practical jobs are designed to make the candidate job ready!