What courses can I do after this?
You can progress onto the:
- RSPH Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene or the:
- RSPH Level 2 Award in Identifying and Controlling Food Allergy Risks, or the:
- RSPH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety and Hygiene (Catering)
To do this course you should have...
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following subject areas directly relating to the operator of the workplace will be studied:
- A safe and healthy place of work
- Accidents - accident prevention, reporting, notification and investigation
- Lifting and handling
- Machinery - risks, principles of machine guarding and safe working
- Fire - risk to health, principles of fire prevention and fire fighting
- Electricity - risks and precautions to limit risks
- First Aid - purpose, limitations, application in the workplace
- Legislation - requirements of the law and its enforcement
The course culminates with a multi-choice examination paper certified by the Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH)