What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of the Level 2; you could progress onto the Level 3 Diploma full time or an apprenticeship standard 3 programme if you find an employer.
To do this course you should have...
You will require a minimum of 4 GCSEs including English and maths grades 9-4 (formerly A*-C) and two other GCSEs grdaes 9-3.
Alternatively successful completion of a relevant Level 1 qualification and have achieved a Level 1 Functional Skill in English and maths.
What about work experience?
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
Work boots, overalls, text books, general stationery
- Understand and carry out safe working practices in Building Services Engineering
- Understand how to communicate with others within Building Services Engineering
- Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within BSE
- Understand how to apply scientific principals within MES
- Understand and carry out site preparation, and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems
- Understand and apply domestic cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic hot water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic above ground drainage system installation and maintenance techniques
You will study installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems, above ground drainage pipework (copper, plastic, low carbon steel) and plumbing science.
Structure of the construction industry, environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings and site preparation in the construction industry.
Depending on GCSE grades on entry - the study programme will include GCSE or Functional Skills in Maths and English.
Hours of attendance and start date will be confirmed at interview or enrolment. 2/3 days per week.