What courses can I do after this?
To do this course you should have...
There are no formal entry requirements although you will need to demonstrate an interest in plastering and have literacy and numeracy skills to Level 1 or above*.
All applicants will be required to have an initial assessment test and attend an interview with the relevant Apprenticeship Co-ordinator.
* This will be determined at initial assessment.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
To gain the full Apprenticeship you will work towards the following qualifications:
- CSkills Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plastering (Construction) (QCF) 500/9018/5
- CSkills Level 2 Diploma In Plastering (QCF): 500/4048/0
- Key Skills/Functional Skills at level 1 in: Application of number/Maths and Communication/English
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (a workbook to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee and those of your employer)
The NVQ Diploma qualification is work-related and will relate specifically to your job role. Therefore will be expected to provide evidence of the following:
- Safely moving and handling resources in the workplace.
- Producing external solid render finishes in the workplace.
- Following company procedures e.g working safely & efficiently.
- Producing internal solid plastering finishes in the workplace.
And one of the following units:
- Applying finishing plaster to background surfaces in the workplace
- Laying sand & cement screeds to levels and/or falls.
At College you will learn the underpinning knowledge associated with the above tasks.
Depending on GCSE grades on entry - the study programme will include Functional Skills in Maths and English.
More about the course
Steel toe capped boots are required for all practical activity, and also pens and paper for compiling the NVQ portfolio.