What courses can I do after this?
You can undertake Bridging Skills in HE which will then grant you an interview at Bournemouth University to study ODP
To do this course you should have...
Show enthusiasm for working in the health sector
• Have basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills on which the apprenticeship will build
• Have a suitable level of physical fitness to perform some aspects of the job roles (eg assisting in moving and handling of people)
• Be willing to undergo Disclosure and Barring Service checks (this is needed as apprentices are likely to work with children, young people or vulnerable adults)
• Be flexible as there may be a requirement to work shifts
You are required to be working in the Health Care sector for 30 hrs per week
The course covers:
- Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality & Inclusion
- Health & Safety
- Infection control
- Person centred approaches
- Handling Information
- Transport, transfer and position individuals
- Cleaning, Decontamination and Waste Management
- Safe use of medical devices
- Assist in delivery of perioperative care
- Plus other units more specific to your role
Delivery will be by attendance at taught workshops on a fortnighly basis, completion of assignments and observations in the workplace.
More about the course
Please call 01202 205414 for further information.