What courses can I do after this?
You can study for Bridging Skills In HE which will then grant you an interview at Bournemouth University to be a Therapist.
To do this course you should have...
Show enthusiasm for working in the health sector
• Have basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills on which the apprenticeship will build
• Have a suitable level of physical fitness to perform some aspects of the job roles (eg assisting in moving and handling of people)
• Be willing to undergo Disclosure and Barring Service checks (this is needed as apprentices are likely to work with children, young people or vulnerable adults)
• Be flexible as there may be a requirement to work shifts
You are required to be working in the Health Care sector for 30 hrs per week
The course covers:
- Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality & Inclusion
- Health & Safety
- Infection control
- Person centred approaches
- Handling Information
- Dementia awareness
- Mental health
- Cleaning, Decontamination and Waste Management
- Plus other optional units more specific to your role
Delivery will be by attendance at taught workshops on a fortnighly basis, completion of assignments and observations in the workplace.
More about the course
Please call 01202 205414 for further information.