What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this course you may wish to consider studying for the Certificate in Oral Health, Certificate in Dental Radiography or studying further to become a Dental Therapist.
To do this course you should have...
You will need to be employed in a Dental Practice and working chair side for a minimum of 30 hours per week. We can help support you in finding an employer placement if you don't have one.
You will need to have Maths and English GCSE at a Level 4/Grade C or English and Maths Functional Skills at Level 2.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
*Cost of the course is variable on size of business and age of apprentice.
The course covers:
- Health and safety in the work place
- Emergencies in the dental surgery
- Legal and ethical issues in the provision of dental care
- Anatomical structures and systems relative to dental treatment
- Oral disease and pathology
- Patient care and management
- Assessing patients' oral health needs and treatment planning
- Oral health promotion and preventative dentistry
- Restorative dentistry
- Oral surgery
- Orthodontic procedures
- Dental drugs, materials, instruments and equipment
Students wll be expected to do a lot of self study, keep a logbook and attend tutorials.
Your employer will be expected to give guidance and mentoring as well as support their employee with their log book.
More about the course
Please call 01202 205718 for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org