What courses can I do after this?
Following the successful completion of this course you will be able to work as a highly qualified Instructor within Weight Training.
To do this course you should have...
- Entry level course for Personal Trainers
- Have completed one of the following qualifications: BWL Level 2 Award in Instructing Weight Lifting, a Level 3 Personal Trainer qualification or equivalent as recognised by BWL
- Be at least 18 years of age on the first day of the course
- Have some experience of the lifts and weight training
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
The course consists of two parts: the first part comprising of online modules that require successful completion and passing by all learners, and the second part requiring 2 days of practical delivery and assessments. Following the successful attendance and passing of these elements you will then become a British Weight Lifting qualified Level 3 Weight Training Instructor.
- Roles and responsibilities of a weight training instructor
- Anatomy and physiology
- Biomechanical concepts associated with weight training
- Adaptations for training
- Periodisation and a breakdown of the elements associated with it
- Profiling and its use when designing programmes for your clients
- Monitoring and adapting session
- The lifts – Snatch; Clean & Jerk including derivatives and variations
- Further lifts including squats; deadlifts; good mornings; presses; lunges; bench press; rows; bicep curl; skull crusher; lateral raise; pec/prone fly; using barbells and dumbbells
- Assessment including client profiling; weight training risk assessments and training session planner