What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this Apprenticeship you could progress on to specialist qualifications in beauty and complementary therapies e.g aromatherapy.
To do this course you should have...
NVQ Level 2 Beauty therapy and you will need to demonstrate an interest in Beauty and have good literacy and numeracy skills. All applicants for Apprenticeship training will be required to attend an interview. You should be medically able to take up employment in this vocational area.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
16/18 no fees.
Employer contributions for 19+ approx £26.00 pw (prices are subject to change)
A tool roll is recommended for your practical work.
There will be a charge towards essential equipment. Click here for the recommended kit to purchase
You will be required to wear your workplace uniform for practical sessions as no uniform is supplied.
To gain the full Apprenticeship you will work towards the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 in Beauty
Functional Skills in:
- Maths Level 2
- English Level 2
The NVQ qualification is work-related and will relate specifically to your job role.
More about the course
Where possible staff from College Apprenticeships Training will support you in finding an employer and a place of work (although students who are already employed are welcome to apply if sponsored by their employer). Your offer of Apprenticeship training will be dependent upon work placements being available.
Apprenticeships are a great option for school leavers who want to get straight onto the career ladder. An Apprenticeship is equivalent to 5 GCSE's.
* Please note priority is given to applicants under 19 years of age. Due to funding arrangements, places maybe limited for 19-24 year olds.
Units studied will include
Mandatory units include:
- G22 Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- H32 Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- B13 Provide body electrical treatments
- B14 Provide facial electrical treatments
- B20 Provide body massage treatments
- B29 Provide electrical epilation treatments
- plus one optional unit