What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this Apprenticeship you could progress to an Advanced Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy.
To do this course you should have...
You will need to demonstrate an interest in the beauty industry and have a GCSE in English and maths to a grade D/3. All applicants for Apprenticeship training will be required to attend an interview. You should be medically able to take up employment in this vocational area.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
Employer contributions for 19+ approx £26.00 pw (prices subject to change).
A tool roll will be necessary to complete practical workshops.
You will be required to wear your workplace uniform on your College day during practical sessions. Small charge for essential equipment.
Click here for the recommended kit to purchase direct from the suppliers
To gain the full Apprenticeship you will work towards the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 2 in Beauty
Functional Skills in (if required):
- Maths Level 1 or 2
- English Level 1 or 2
The NVQ qualification is work-related and will relate specifically to your job role.
More about the course
Where possible staff from College Apprenticeships Training will support you finding an employer and a place of work (although students who are already employed are welcome to apply if sponsored by their employer). Your offer of Apprenticeship training will be dependent upon work placements being available.
Apprenticeships are a great option for school leavers who want to get straight onto the career ladder. An Apprenticeship is equivalent to 5 GCSE's.
Units studied will include:
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety.
- Promote additional services & products to clients
- Develop & maintain your effectiveness at work
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Provide facial skin care treatment
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Carry out waxing techniques
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Provide make-up services
- Perform basic massage techniques