What courses can I do after this?
Successful completion of this course will help you to progress to a Level 2 Full Time programme or an apprenticeship within one of the construction areas. It is not possible to become fully qualified unless you gain employment in the industry and are assessed on site.
What jobs can I get?
Level 1 is the ideal stepping stone for progression within the industry. A Level 2 qualification is required to gain employment.
To do this course you should have...
You will need to achieve GCSEs grades D-G including English and maths grades 3-1 (formerly D-G). Alternatively successful completion of a Foundation Entry Level 3 qualification and have achieved an Entry Level 3 Functional Skill in English and maths.
What about work experience?
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
- Safe handling of materials
- Know how to carry out safe working practices
- Knowledge of information and communication with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Cavity walls
- Setting out
- Working platforms
- Prepare background surfaces and plaster materials
- Apply plastering materials to internal backgrounds
- Produce components from moulds
Painting and Decorating
- · Preparing surfaces for decoration
- · Applying decorative materials
- · Cleaning and protecting work areas
- · Erecting and dismantling work platforms
Depending on GCSE grades on entry - the study programme will include GCSE or Functional Skills in Maths and English.
Hours of attendance and start date will be confirmed at interview or enrolment.
More about the course
Here at The College we have a reputation for offering excellent skills training. The facilities are excellent and you will study at our North Road Construction Centre where you will be taught by qualified staff who are professionals in their chosen fields, with industrial experience, knowledge and expertise. You will be issued with an essentials list during your interview or at enrolment.