What courses can I do after this?
This course is aimed at people already employed within the built environment sector. The specific careers will depend on the chosen pathway and our graduates gain employment in a wide range of organisations both in the private and public sectors. Employment opportunities range from working in in-house department for a large public or commercial company, including local authorities, housing associations and consultancies to specialist contractors or large multi-service companies offering a range of design, build, finance and management.
Built Environment courses provide an academic platform to enter a number of post HNC courses, such as the BA (Hons) in Architectural Technology at Southampton Solent University.
For further information, please also refer to career guidance/course specific details on The College's Higher Education website:
To do this course you should have...
• Four GCSE (grade 4 (C ) or above) including Mathematics and English or equivalent or
• BTEC / Edexcel Advanced GNVQ or
• National Certificate / Diploma in a Building / Construction
related discipline or
• Relevant Access to Higher Education Diploma
• Other qualifications which are considered to be equivalent of the above
• Applications are welcomed from students who do not have the academic qualifications listed above but who may be admitted on the basis of relevant experience rather than standard qualifications
UCAS tariff points 32 from a level 3 qualification
£4,000 per academic year
Exam registration fee of £175.20*
Students who are eligible, can apply for a student loan with Student Finance.
*Please note, this is subject to annual incretment.
- Construction Technology
- Science & Materials
- Legal & Statutory Responsibilities in Construction
- Measurement & Estimating
- Individual Project
- Construction Practice & Management
- Tender and Procurement
- Financial Management & Business Practices in Construction
More about the course
Attendance: Part time over 2 years
Applications for this part-time course should be made directly to The Bournemouth & Poole College and not via the UCAS process. Please contact the Course Administrator on
+44 (0) 1202 205648 or:
The Higher Education Unit email: email@example.com
Venue: The course is delivered at The College's North Road campus, Poole
The college reserves the right to make changes to the information given, including the addition, withdrawal, re-location or restructuring of courses.