What courses can I do after this?
The HNC and HND Computing programme is highly valued by employers and has both national and international recognition. Students can also use the qualification to proceed to the next level of study, e.g.complete the final stages of a full degree in Computing.
To do this course you should have...
- Fours GCSE's at grade A* to C , (or grade 4 or above in the newly reformed GCSE grading) to include Maths and English or equivalent qualification plus
- Two A Levels or an equivalent Level 3 qualification e.g BTEC National Diploma NVQ3 or
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma
What about work experience?
|Course Code||UCAS Code||Start Date||Costs|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
The fee associated with the full time option of 1 year (HNC) delivered over 2 days per week is £6750
The fee associated with the part time option of 2 years (HNC) delivered over 1 day per week is £3350
Year 1 (HNC – Higher National Certificate):
- Programming (15 credits)
- Networking (15 credits)
- Professional Practice (15 credits)
- Database Design and Development (15 credits)
- Security (15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Computing Project (15 credits)
- Software Development Lifecycles (15 credits)
- Web Design Developments (15 credits)
Year 2 – (HND - Higher National Diploma)
- Computing Research Project (30 credits)
- Business Intelligence (15 credits)
- Advanced Programming (15 credits)
- Application Development (15 credits)
- Artificial Intelligence (15 credits)
- Information Security Management (15 credits)
- Network Security (15 credits)
Full Time September 2021
A Part Time option will also be available from September 2021
More about the course
Applications: For the Full Time option students should apply via UCAS using course code COM7
For the Part Time option students should apply directly to The Bournemouth & Poole College and not via the UCAS process. Please contact the Course Administrator on:01202 205649 or
The Higher Education Unit +44 (0)1202 205180
Venue: The course is delivered at The College's Lansdowne campus, Bournemouth
The college reserves the right to make changes to the information given, including the addition, withdrawal, re-location or restructuring of courses.