What courses can I do after this?
These courses are aimed at people already employed within the built environment sector. The specific careers will depend on the chosen pathway and our graduates gain employment in a wide range of organisations both in the private and public sectors. Employment opportunities range from working in in-house department for a large public or commercial company, including local authorities, housing associations and consultancies to specialist contractors or large multi-service companies offering a range of design, build, finance and management.
Built Environment courses provide an academic platform to enter a number of post HNC courses, such as the BA (Hons) in Architectural Technology at Southampton Solent University.
For further information, please also refer to career guidance/course specific details on The College's Higher Education website:
To do this course you should have...
• Four GCSE (grade 4 (C ) or above) including Mathematics and English or equivalent or
• BTEC / Edexcel Advanced GNVQ or
• National Certificate / Diploma in a Building / Construction
related discipline or
• Relevant Access to Higher Education Diploma
• Other qualifications which are considered to be equivalent of the above
• Applications are welcomed from students who do not have the academic qualifications listed above but who may be admitted on the basis of relevant experience rather than standard qualifications
UCAS tariff points 32 from a level 3 qualification
International entry requirements
If you are not from an English Language speaking country, you will need to have a minimum of UKVI IELTS 6.0. We accept a wide range of academic qualifications awarded overseas and use the UK NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centre) guidelines for international comparisons. For tuition and accommodation fees please visit www.thecollege.co.uk/international/courses/tuition-fees and our International Operations team can offer you advice and guidance before and during your studies.
|Course Code||UCAS Code||Start Date||Costs|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
£4,250 per academic year
Exam registration fee of £175.20*
Students who are eligible, can apply for a student loan with Student Finance.
*Please note, this is subject to annual incretment.
For tuition and accommodation fees please visit www.thecollege.co.uk/international/courses/tuition-fees and our International Operations team can offer you advice and guidance before and during your studies.
HNC Architectural Technology Year 1
- Science of Materials
- Construction Technology
- Architectural Communication
HNC Architectural Technology Year 2
- Architectural Design Development
- Architectural Design Realisation
- Building Law and Management
More about the course
Applications for this part-time course should be made directly to The Bournemouth & Poole College and not via the UCAS process. Please contact the Course Administrator on
+44 (0) 1202 205648 or:
The Higher Education Unit +44 (0)1202 205180