What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this Apprenticeship you could progress to an Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing (NVQ 3).
To do this course you should have...
You must have GCSE grade 9-3 in English & Maths. You will need to demonstrate an interest in Hairdressing and have literacy and numeracy skills to Level 1 or above. All applicants for Apprenticeship training will be required to attend an interview.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
Practice block and hairdressing kit
Employer contributions for 19+ approx £26.00 pw (prices subject to change).
A tool roll will be necessary to complete practical workshops.
Students will be required to wear all black and closed in shoes. Uniform is not provided.
. Small charge for essential equipment.
To gain the full Apprenticeship you will work towards the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing
- Funtional skills in English level 1&2*
- Functional skills in Maths Level 1&2**
*If you have achieved English GCSE GRADE 9-4 you will be exempt from English functional skills
**If you have achieved Maths GCSE GRADE 9-4 you will be exempt from Maths functional skills
The NVQ qualification is work-related and will relate specifically to your job role.
Mandatory units include:
- 207 Develop and Maintain your effictiveness at work
- 206 Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- 205 Advise and consult with clients
- 204 Change hair colour
- 203 Cut hair using basic techniques
- 202 Set and dress hair
- 201 Style and finish hair
- 209 Perm and neutralise hair
- 210 Plait and twist hair
- 213 Fulfil salon reception duties
- 214 Cut men's hair using basic techniques