What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this course you could progress onto Higher Education or full-time employment.
To do this course you should have...
You will require a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A*-C) including English and maths grades, or have achieved a Level 2 Functional Skill in English and maths. Additionally the successful completion of a relevant Level 2 industry related qualification in Food Preparation & Cooking.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
NB - If you leave after the first four weeks, you will be liable to pay the full fees for the remainder of the academic year. You are also liable to repay any assisted funding you have recieved (This includes any uniform/travel assistance)
Units you will study include:
- The principles of food safety supervision for Catering
- Supervision skills in the professional kitchen
- Cook & finish complex vegetable and vegetarian dishes
- Prep, Cook & finish complex meat dishes
- Prep, Cook & finish complex poultry dishes
- Prep, Cook & finish complex fish & shellfish dishes
(Units are subject to change)
Wednesday/Thursday 9.30am to 8.30pm TBC
More about the course
This course is intensive and requires dedication. You may be required to attend additional course related trips/ seminars that are outside the normal course hours. (suficient notice will be given as appropriate)
Subject to your progression, you may be required to attend more developmental sessions to ensure you succeed.
'Active research' will be required to support your learning.