What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this course you may wish to consider studying for the Certificate in Oral Health, Certificate in Radiography or studying further to become a Dental Therapist.
To do this course you should have...
You need to be employed/volunteering in a Dental Practice and working chair side for a minimum of 21 hours per week.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
The course covers:
- Health and safety in the work place
- Emergencies in the dental surgery
- Legal and ethical issues in the provision of dental care
- Anatomical structures and systems relative to dental treatment
- Oral disease and pathology
- Patient care and management
- Assessing patients' oral health needs and treatment planning
- Oral health promotion and preventative dentistry
- Charside restorative dentistry, periodontal disease prosthetics and endodontics
- Oral surgery
- Orthodontic procedures
- Dental drugs, materials, instruments and equipment
- Infection control
Students wll be expected to do a lot of self study, keep a logbook and attend tutorials.
The course includes 4 exams.
The employer will be expected to give guidance and mentoring as well as support their employee with their log book.
7th January 2021. Thursdays 9.00 - 11.00 am
There are start dates throughout the year. Please contact us for more information.
More about the course
Please call 01202 205718 for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org