What courses can I do after this?
On successful completion of this course you may wish to consider studying for the Certificate in Oral Health, Certificate in Radiography or studying further to become a Dental Therapist.
To do this course you should have...
You need to be employed/volunteering in a Dental Practice and working chairside for a minimum of 21 hours per week.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
The course covers:
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Emergencies in the dental surgery
- Legal and ethical issues in the provision of dental care
- Anatomical structures and systems relative to dental treatment
- Oral disease and pathology
- Patient care and management
- Assessing patients' oral health needs and treatment planning
- Oral health promotion and preventative dentistry
- Chairside restorative dentistry, periodontal disease prosthetics and endodontics
- Oral surgery
- Orthodontic procedures
- Dental drugs, materials, instruments and equipment
- Infection control
Students will be expected to complete self-study, keep a logbook and attend tutorials.
The course includes 4 exams.
The employer will be expected to give guidance and mentoring as well as support their employee with their logbook.
September 2022 Thursday 9.00am to 12.00pm (time subject to change)
Please contact us for more information.
More about the course
Please call 01202 205207 for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org