What courses can I do after this?
- Gain confidence with using the individual tools and materials
- Make a set of prints that explore each technique.
- Learn techniques that you can further develop and how to use them to best effect for your own creative images
- Troubleshoot any printing issues so consistent results can be achieved
Further Creative courses at Bournemouth and Poole College.
To do this course you should have...
The course can be for those who have little or no previous experience, or may have some experience and wish to consolidate their understanding with practical hands-on experience.
This course is a 10 week introduction to relief printmaking and linocut. During this time you will learn all the basic skills you need to create a body of work that explores all the different methods of linocut printmaking. You will learn:
· About the different types of lino and printmaking papers
· How to use tools safely and what types of creative mark making they produce
· How to transfer drawings and designs to your lino
· About different types of inks and how to ink up your lino correctly
· How to print your image- by hand burnishing and using different types of press.
· Various types of linoprint methods- single colour prints, multiple block prints and the reduction lino technique. You will have a chance to make stamps, tessellating tile prints and the ‘jigsaw lino’
18:00pm - 21:00pm.
27th April till 6th July 2022 ( No lesson W/C 30th May 2022)
More about the course