What courses can I do after this?
We have a range of other creative short courses available at the college. Or you could consider full time study on our level 3 / 4 Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.
To do this course you should have...
No experience necessary.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
This cost covers all materials and equipment.
You will learn:
1. To reflect your personal interest in fashion through the construction of your own project.
2. To research and develop ideas from an initial inspiration and translate into colour, mood
and trend boards.
3. To construct colour palettes from trend boards
4. To garment sketch ideas and range build.
5. To construct a garment - a toile – a mock-up of a chosen design and garment specification.
1. An enjoyable and fun introduction to the fashion design process.
2. Encourage confidence to be creative and interpret an original design.
3. An introduction to fabric and garment design and construction.
4. An insight into how designer trends translate into high street fashion.
5. To introduce aspects of marketing and publicity for a clothing brand.
6. Understand Global trend and lifestyle forecasting when designing.
7. An understanding of the use of colour, shape and styling.
Start date: January 3rd January 2024
10 weeks, 2 hour sessions from 6:00 pm - 8.00 pm. This course will be held at the North Road campus, in Poole- BH14 0LS.