What courses can I do after this?
On completion of this, 2-year Extended diploma progression to a University level course here at Bournemouth and Poole college or further a field.
What jobs can I get?
The Esports industry has a hugely varied set of job opportunities within it but not limited to:
- Professional Esport player
- Video Effects Animator
- Media Manager
- Video Editor
- Graphic Designer
- Player Manager
- Brand Manager
- Event Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Game Designer
- Sound Engineer
- Camera Operator
To do this course you should have...
You will require a minimum GCSE Grade 5 in both Maths and English with 6 other GCSE subjects at Grade 4 and above.
What about work experience?
Currently (Covid permitting) you will spend 5 full working days with an employer related to this huge industry.
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
You will study a range of units designed to develop your skills and knowledge in the business of Esports.
There are five mandatory core units:
- Introduction to Esports (Core Unit) – You will develop an understanding of the esports and traditional sports industries and the careers they could pursue in esports, or in other related industries such as sciences, technology, digital, business, sport and the creatives.
- Esports Skills, strategies and Analysis (Core Unit) – You will develop the understanding and skills to analyse esports performances and recommend improvements.
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the Esports Industry (Core Unit) – You will study successful esports enterprises and the mindset of the entrepreneurs behind them, research, plan and pitch your esports start-up enterprise and gain feedback on their planning activity.
- Health Wellbeing and Fitness for Esport Players (Core Unit) – You will explore the importance of health, wellbeing and fitness in the esports industry.
- Esports Events (Core Unit) – You will work as part of a small group to plan, coordinate and manage an esports event and evaluate the skills gained.
You will also study additional units including:
- Live-streamed Broadcasting
- Video Production
- Nutrition and Esports performance
- Business Applications of Esports in Social Media
- Launching Your Esports Enterprise, or Shoutcasting, or Producing an Esports Brand.
What experiences will I get?
You will be immersed in the business of Esports. The range of units covers all aspects of the sport, it’s management, promotion and technical requirements. You will be part of a competitive Esport team experiencing all roles.
This Extended Diploma is a two-year qualification requiring at least 2.5 days per week in class with additional time allocated for weekly competitive events.
The start dates and specific timetable will be issued during enrolment.