What courses can I do after this?
The Level 3 Diploma On Aircraft Maintenance is aimed at students who work or want to work in the aeronautical engineering sector across a range of roles and career routes. The skills and knowledge acquired through studying this course provide a sound basis if you wish to progress to a degree in Engineering or aviation.
What jobs can I get?
This qualification is recognised as a technical certificate in the Engineering Technician - Aircraft Maintenance Fitter/Technician (Fixed & Rotary Wing) Apprenticeship Standard, should you wish to progress onto an apprenticeship we can guarantee an interview with an employer. Alternatively, you may wish to pursue a career in Engineering or Aviation and choose to study further on courses at Bournemouth University or at Southampton Solent. Obtaining this Level 3 is the first step to a variety of jobs including:
· Aviation Engineering
· Aviation pilot
· Ground aircraft maintenance
To do this course you should have...
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade 4 and above including English and Maths or a Level 2 vocational qualification with a distinction grade or above.
What about work experience?
|Course Code||Start Date||Costs 16-18||Costs 19-23 (with concessions)||Costs 19+ (no concessions)|
* Please note fees are subject to change.
Adult learners aged 19 or over will be liable to pay full fees (unless they are exempt)
Additional fees associated with this course are:
The programme covers the following content areas:
· Fundamentals of aviation mathematics and science
· Fundamentals of aircraft electrics, digital techniques and electronic instrument systems
· Fundamentals of Aircraft Materials and Hardware
· Fundamentals of Aircraft Maintenance Practices
· Fundamentals of Aerodynamics
· Fundamentals of Civil Aviation Legislation
· Human factors in aviation
· Fundamentals of aircraft aerodynamics, structures and systems for turbine engines
· Fundamentals of aircraft gas turbine engines
· Fundamentals of aircraft propellers
September 2021 - Days and hours of attendance will be confirmed at interview or enrolment.
More about the course
Level 3 Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance
City & Guilds