What courses can I do after this?
This qualification provides progression on to further specialist training in sports massage and routes into fitness instructing.
To do this course you should have...
Learners must hold the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy or equivalent.
There is an element of communication involved (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3.
Performing sports massage is a physical activity and learners will need to be fit enough to carry this out.
To provide learners with the skills and knowledge to be able to:
• Understand the clinical procedures for client assessment and treatment planning.
• Conduct objective physical assessments.
• Understand the purpose of neuromuscular and tissue mobilisation techniques in sports massage and the skills to be able to apply effective neuromuscular and tissue mobilisation techniques.
• Utilise soft tissue techniques appropriate to specific clients.
• Understand treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
Tuesday and Thursday 1630-1930 20th April – 19th May + 2 days Assessment 21/22nd May 2022.
More about the course
1. Conducting subjective and objective assessment
2. Provide sports massage techniques to prevent and manage injury
3. Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair