Need extra support?
We're here for when you need us.
Returning to learning can be filled with excitement and anxiety. After all, it can be a juggling act trying to balance work, family and college. It’s okay to feel this way and many of our adult learners felt the same as you when they joined. However you don’t need to let these be a barrier as we’re able to offer you lots of help and support.
- Confused by the options? Get free and impartial advice from our Advice and Guidance team. They work in partnership with the National Careers Service and will help you decide which course and level is right for you.
- Need extra support with your learning? Our Learning Support and Study Advice teams are always on hand to offer advice and answer any questions you might have about your studies. The team can also provide additional support for students whose first language isn’t English.
- Do you have a disability? Our experienced support team are professional and highly trained, and support disabled learners across The College. They have access to specialist resources and equipment to meet the needs of many students. In order for them to give you the best support possible, they can assess and discuss your individual requirements before you apply.
- Need access to excellent resources? Our Learning Resource Centres are a valuable resource. They are packed full of facilities including acoustic study pods, online resources and over 75,000 books. You’ll also have access to the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) where you can find course materials and resources including presentations and course work.
- Need help finding a job? Getting a qualification is only part of the story. Once you complete your course, we want to help you stand out in interviews. Every student benefits from our revolutionary in-house recruitment service e lab and our innovative Career Path tool designed to help you understand what you need to get started in your chosen career.