Apply to Become a Host Family
The Bournemouth & Poole College welcome many students each year. Some of these students are from overseas and have travelled long distances to study in the UK.
The College offers these students homestay accommodation with host families across Bournemouth and Poole. Our host families are required to offer students bed, breakfast and an evening meal Monday to Friday, and three meals per day at the weekend. In addition, a welcome to British family life is also part of the student experience.
The length of time a student chooses to stay with a host family varies immensely. The minimum stay set by The College is four weeks, whilst a maximum could be up to two years.
Payment is generally made direct from the student to the host family, except where students come as part of a group, where payment is made to the host family by The College.
Current rates are £112 a week per person for a single room and £98 a week per person for a twin room.
Homestay families registered with The Bournemouth & Poole College are required to:
- hold a CRB disclosure requested by The College. The current cost of a CRB check is £44 per person. Each permanent resident at a homestay family address over the age of 18 years is required to hold a CRB disclosure. The College recognises each disclosure for five years, after which time a new one will need to be requested
- if the property has Gas, hold a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate, renewable each year for the property where the students are hosted
- attend compulsory safeguarding training annually
- meet with a member of College staff annually at the homestay address where a yearly check and update meeting will be carried out
- contact the College Accommodation Officer when the student placed with them is staying away from the homestay address for any reason, such as a holiday.
To apply to register as a host family with The Bournemouth & Poole College please complete and return the application pack using the links below: