Diploma in Dental Nursing
Are you working in a dental practice as a dental nurse and want to gain a formal qualification? If so, this course will be suitable for you. Our aim is to provide underpinning knowledge to meet the required specification as set out by the awarding body. To prepare and qualify students to register with the GDC and work in dental clinical areas.
The course covers:
- Health and safety in the work place
- Emergencies in the dental surgery
- Legal and ethical issues in the provision of dental care
- Anatomical structures and systems relative to dental treatment
- Oral disease and pathology
- Patient care and management
- Assessing patients' oral health needs and treatment planning
- Oral health promotion and preventative dentistry
- Restorative dentistry
- Oral surgery
- Orthodontic procedures
- Dental drugs, materials, instruments and equipment
Students wll be expected to do a lot of self study, keep a logbook and attend tutorials.
The employer will be expected to give guidance and mentoring as well as support their employee with their log book.
You need to be employed in a Dental Practice and working chair side.
There is a one and a half hour examination paper consisting of multiple choice questions and short answer questions and portfolio of evidence.
You are also required to have pre arranged assessments in the workplace.
On successful completion of this course you may wish to consider studying for the Certificate in Oral Health or studying further to become a Dental Hygienist.
£5900 per year to include books, examination fees and registration fees. There may be additional costs for educational visits, uniforms, materials etc. and this cost will be advised on application.
Please call 01202 205207 for further information.